In the world of small business, creating a marketing strategy can seem arduous with the final product needing constant attention, tweaking, and analysis. You might find yourself working tirelessly to post, upload, or blog which can sometimes feel like a waste of time. But, without a strategy, you might be doing exactly that – wasting your time!
On 21 July 2020, LEP Digital Director, Laura Prael, was proud to be interviewed on the Triple H Small Biz Matters radio show to share why the customer journey is an important part of the marketing strategy puzzle. The half-hour program airs weekly and shares tips on how you can work on your business rather than in it. In this episode, host Alexi Boyd (broadcaster, advocate, and small business owner) asks Laura about content marketing and the customer journey. In the 20-minute interview, Laura answers:
- What is the customer journey and why is important?
- Is it a linear pathway from start to finish or is it more nuanced than this?
- Where does the idea of the ideal client fit into this?
- How do we want the potential customer to behave?
- What is the impact of social media on creating brand awareness?
- How can you use content marketing to support the buyer’s journey?
- What are your tips for creating an effective buyer persona?
Visit the Small Biz Matters website to hear the full interview on Triple H, or tune in on Spotify or iTunes.